From: Brent Greer <studegator@...>
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Mar 14, 2019 6:25 pm
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Throwback Thursday: Ambroid PRR Class R7 Reefer

Keep in mind that in off seasons, stock cars were used to ship any product that would not require weather protection.  We discussed this on this forum not too long ago and some known loads included lumber, tires, bricks, straw, and many other items.  You should think of them more like a ventilated boxcar than just a stock car.  They could be found anywhere.   Much more versatile than people give them credit for.

Brent
Dr. J. Brent Greer