From: gary roe [mailto:wabashrr@swbell.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 4:43 PM
To: Gatwood, Elden J CIV CESAW CESAD (US) <Elden.J.Gatwood@usace.army.mil>
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Help With Wabash Tank Car ID

Elden,

I have some detail pictures of this car; but was afraid they were too big to post on the list. I have attached a couple to this message.

This car is currently at the Monticello Railway Museum in Monticello, Illinois.

gary

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎March‎ ‎14‎, ‎2019‎ ‎12‎:‎57‎:‎18‎ ‎PM‎ ‎CDT, Gatwood, Elden J SAD <elden.j.gatwood@usace.army.mil> wrote:

Gary;

Wow, that's a rare one: a 5-course radial construction tank with 5 bands, and wood cradle, inset stirrup steps, and a "different" looking underframe; probably pre-1915 construction. Some early early GATC cars looked similar to this, but this could also be a predecessor manufacturer. A better look at the bolsters could tell us more, but I cannot seem them. The smallish dome is also a more common feature of these early tank cars. We cannot see the dome vents, which is also an indicator of time period. The dome platform does not look original to the car; it may be a Wabash add.

Elden Gatwood