Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Help With Wabash Tank Car ID

Tim O'Connor

Years ago I was very surprised to learn that German Americans are the largest "ethnic group"
in the USA. About 1/6 of Americans are descended from Germans, and many more than Irish
or English or African descendants. But yeah, WWI sent their pride underground where it has
mostly remained...

https://www.economist.com/united-states/2015/02/05/the-silent-minority

On 3/18/2019 11:32 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:
Johannes wrote:

being a German, I would be interested what exactly was german in that company. "Just" a German immigrant as a (co-)founder?
The founder was of German heritage. Before WW I, German heritage was a source of pride in the U.S.

Tony Thompson
--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*