Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Help With Wabash Tank Car ID

My family’s name was originally Weustefelt.  My grandfather changed it during WW1 in order to get a job. – Al Westerfield

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Tim O'Connor
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2019 9:28 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Help With Wabash Tank Car ID

Years ago I was very surprised to learn that German Americans are the

largest "ethnic group"

in the USA. About 1/6 of Americans are descended from Germans, and many

more than Irish

or English or African descendants. But yeah, WWI sent their pride

underground where it has

mostly remained...

https://www.economist.com/united-states/2015/02/05/the-silent-minority

--