From: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 11:34:37 AM PDT
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Help With Wabash Tank Car ID

My grandfather's (my Mom's dad) family were Swiss, named Leuzinger. Name was changed
to Lucksinger after they arrived here.

On 3/19/2019 10:57 AM, al_westerfield wrote:

My family’s name was originally Weustefelt.  My grandfather changed it during WW1 in order to get a job. – Al Westerfield

Years ago I was very surprised to learn that German Americans are the

largest "ethnic group"

in the USA. About 1/6 of Americans are descended from Germans, and many

more than Irish

or English or African descendants. But yeah, WWI sent their pride

underground where it has

mostly remained...

https://www.economist.com/united-states/2015/02/05/the-silent-minority

--