Re: Reservations Needed: PRR X29 Boxcar (HO Scale)

Corey Fischer

I’d be happy to order a bunch of the 7002 kits.

On Mar 20, 2019, at 12:30 PM, Ted Schnepf <railsunl@...> wrote:

Hello,

Just talked to my Intermountain salesman about the X29.

The X29 models were originally made by Red Caboose.  RC also made  reefers, tanks, flats and gons, besides boxcars in HO scale.  For the past several years the Red Caboose products were sold by Intermountain and the product numbers had an RR prefix.  IM has now acquired the RC line and is streamlining the product numbering eliminating the RR prefix.

So the cars below are former RC cars and molds, but now in the IM family.  Some of the road names/paint schemes might be new releases.  Order from your favorite IM dealer.

See many of you Friday at the RPM East show.

Ted Schnepf

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 12:58:52 PM CDT, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Reservations Needed: PRR X29 Boxcar (HO Scale)

The Intermountain Railway Company (https://www.intermountain-railway.com/)

will produce two versions of Pennsylvania Railroad's iconic X29 boxcar, and up to nine variants for other railroads, if the company receives enough advance reservations. To date, reservation have been lagging.

Here are the two PRR versions, each with six road numbers:

https://www.intermountain-railway.com/distrib/redcaboose/html/RR-37201.htm

https://www.intermountain-railway.com/distrib/redcaboose/html/RR-37202.htm

To reserve your car, InterMountain says, "... please let your favorite hobby dealer know that you would like the item. Reservations are NO RISK to you, we do not require any deposit and you may cancel your reservation at any time.

X29 boxcars also can be reserved for the following railroads:

Baltimore & Ohio

Central RR of New Jersey

Chicago Great Western

Ferrocaril de Chihuahua al Pacifico

Lehigh & New England

Maine Central

Nickel Plate Road

Norfolk & Western

United States Army

I have no connection, financial or otherwise, to InterMountain.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA