Re: Reservations Needed: PRR X29 Boxcar (HO Scale)

Ralph W. Brown

HI Corey,

I was wondering about that.

Pax,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

rbrown51[at]maine[dot]rr[dot]com

Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 1:09 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Reservations Needed: PRR X29 Boxcar (HO Scale)

Ralph,

I don’t think I can even make reservations anywhere for the undec kits. As a 1920s modeler, I need to paint and letter the cars myself. Right now I’m just buying kits online and repainting them myself.

Corey

On Mar 20, 2019, at 1:07 PM, Ralph W. Brown <rbrown51@...> wrote:

Hi Cory,

Curiously, the four undec kits, still with their “RC” item numbers, are not among those indicating “Reservations Needed.”  Also, the notation is “TBD” rather than “Taking Reservations,” so can reservations even be made for the undec kits, and will reservations for the undec kits help moved the painted and lettered cars forward?

I’m not sure what that means for the undec kits, but I certainly hope they will be forthcoming as I’m most interested in doing earlier versions of these cars.  The only one of the painted and lettered cars that is of any interest to me at the moment is No. 37201 “Pennsylvania – Circle Keystone – Patch.”

Pax,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

rbrown51[at]maine[dot]rr[dot]com

Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 12:49 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Reservations Needed: PRR X29 Boxcar (HO Scale)

I’d be happy to order a bunch of the 7002 kits.

On Mar 20, 2019, at 12:30 PM, Ted Schnepf <railsunl@...> wrote:

Hello,

Just talked to my Intermountain salesman about the X29.

The X29 models were originally made by Red Caboose.  RC also made  reefers, tanks, flats and gons, besides boxcars in HO scale.  For the past several years the Red Caboose products were sold by Intermountain and the product numbers had an RR prefix.  IM has now acquired the RC line and is streamlining the product numbering eliminating the RR prefix.

So the cars below are former RC cars and molds, but now in the IM family.  Some of the road names/paint schemes might be new releases.  Order from your favorite IM dealer.

See many of you Friday at the RPM East show.

Ted Schnepf

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 12:58:52 PM CDT, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Reservations Needed: PRR X29 Boxcar (HO Scale)

The Intermountain Railway Company (https://www.intermountain-railway.com/)

will produce two versions of Pennsylvania Railroad's iconic X29 boxcar, and up to nine variants for other railroads, if the company receives enough advance reservations. To date, reservation have been lagging.

Here are the two PRR versions, each with six road numbers:

https://www.intermountain-railway.com/distrib/redcaboose/html/RR-37201.htm

https://www.intermountain-railway.com/distrib/redcaboose/html/RR-37202.htm

To reserve your car, InterMountain says, "... please let your favorite hobby dealer know that you would like the item. Reservations are NO RISK to you, we do not require any deposit and you may cancel your reservation at any time.

X29 boxcars also can be reserved for the following railroads:

Baltimore & Ohio

Central RR of New Jersey

Chicago Great Western

Ferrocaril de Chihuahua al Pacifico

Lehigh & New England

Maine Central

Nickel Plate Road

Norfolk & Western

United States Army

I have no connection, financial or otherwise, to InterMountain.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.