Re: Reservations Needed: PRR X29 Boxcar (HO Scale)

Bruce Smith

Folks,

Please be aware, that at least based on the artwork displayed by Intermountain, the brakes on these prospective car releases are incorrect.

The artwork (and description) indicates that these cars use the RC patch panel tooling, which, to the best of my knowledge, was only done for the mid-production (1928) body X29 by RC. Although not clear, the artwork appears to show plate ends, which is expected. The artwork also show a transverse early AB reservoir. These were only applied to the 1932 or later production X29s which are distinguished by the application of Dreadnaught ends. Subsequent plate end X29 conversions to AB brakes utilized the more well known AB reservoir, hung longitudinally under the carbody. Thus the offering by IM is incorrectly detailed with respect to the type and location of the brake reservoir (and some minor differences with brake levers as well).

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 12:58:52 PM CDT, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Reservations Needed: PRR X29 Boxcar (HO Scale)
The Intermountain Railway Company (https://www.intermountain-railway.com/)
will produce two versions of Pennsylvania Railroad's iconic X29 boxcar, and up to nine variants for other railroads, if the company receives enough advance reservations. To date, reservation have been lagging.
Here are the two PRR versions, each with six road numbers:
To reserve your car, InterMountain says, "... please let your favorite hobby dealer know that you would like the item. Reservations are NO RISK to you, we do not require any deposit and you may cancel your reservation at any time.
X29 boxcars also can be reserved for the following railroads:
Baltimore & Ohio
Central RR of New Jersey
Chicago Great Western
Ferrocaril de Chihuahua al Pacifico
Lehigh & New England
Maine Central
Nickel Plate Road
Norfolk & Western
United States Army
I have no connection, financial or otherwise, to InterMountain.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA