From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bruce Smith
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:26 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Reservations Needed: PRR X29 Boxcar (HO Scale)

Folks,

Please be aware, that at least based on the artwork displayed by Intermountain, the brakes on these prospective car releases are incorrect.

The artwork (and description) indicates that these cars use the RC patch panel tooling, which, to the best of my knowledge, was only done for the mid-production (1928) body X29 by RC. Although not clear, the artwork appears to show plate ends, which is expected. The artwork also show a transverse early AB reservoir. These were only applied to the 1932 or later production X29s which are distinguished by the application of Dreadnaught ends. Subsequent plate end X29 conversions to AB brakes utilized the more well known AB reservoir, hung longitudinally under the carbody. Thus the offering by IM is incorrectly detailed with respect to the type and location of the brake reservoir (and some minor differences with brake levers as well).

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL