Re: PRR X29 Boxcar (HO Scale) Was reservations needed

A&Y Dave in MD

Don,

There was a High Point, Thomasville, and Denton, and a High Point, Randleman, Ashboro and Southern.  These were two different railroads.  The first was acquired by the Winston-Salem Southbound in 1960.  The second was acquired by the Southern Railway.

The first had an IMWX HO scale model based upon the 1937 AAR design (if I got the acronym right).  I do not know of a commercial product for the second.

Dave Bott

Hello Bill Welch,

     Have an X-29 question that relates to the differences in height you have pointed out between
the real McCoy and the N&W version. Filing some photos taken in years past recently I came
across a couple taken in 1972 near Thomasville, NC. As you might expect from the location
these were High Point, Thomasville & Denton box cars that looked a lot like X-29's except that
they, too, appear to have been taller. Being "Yo'all" rolling stock can you tell me much about them?
Can't help but wonder if the HP & T & D is still around and, if so, if any of the cars survive as they
would make great museum pieces in a places like Salisbury, NC.

Cordially, Don Valentine

--
David Bott

Sent from David Bott's desktop PC