Re: PRR X29 Boxcar (HO Scale) Was reservations needed

A&Y Dave in MD

More info on the '23 design mod:
http://steamerafreightcars.com/gallery/boxauto/hptd424main.html

And I think this is the '37 design car :
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/original-w-negative-high-point-1933733409

and a nice story on the history book published  posthumously after the author's untimely death
https://www.the-dispatch.com/lifestyle/20101229/railroad-book-realizes-mans-last-wish

Dave Bott

Hello Bill Welch,

     Have an X-29 question that relates to the differences in height you have pointed out between
the real McCoy and the N&W version. Filing some photos taken in years past recently I came
across a couple taken in 1972 near Thomasville, NC. As you might expect from the location
these were High Point, Thomasville & Denton box cars that looked a lot like X-29's except that
they, too, appear to have been taller. Being "Yo'all" rolling stock can you tell me much about them?
Can't help but wonder if the HP & T & D is still around and, if so, if any of the cars survive as they
would make great museum pieces in a places like Salisbury, NC.

Cordially, Don Valentine

--
David Bott

Sent from David Bott's desktop PC