Re: Reservations Needed: PRR X29 Boxcar (HO Scale)

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Bruce and List Members,

Bruce wrote: “I don't believe that the arch bars lasted beyond 1930”

Images showing PRR X29 cars with archbar trucks are quite rare. But I do have one image that post-dates 1930 showing a car equipped with archbar trucks. Here is all I have on the topic:

I have a builders photo of brand new PRR 569430 equipped as such dated 7-24, painted in center bar no Keystone lettering.

I also have an in-service photo of PRR 570994 with archbar trucks and center bar no Keystone lettering - no date indicated.

I have an in-service photo of an unidentified X29 with arch bar trucks an center bar no Keystone lettering, date is given as 1926.

I also have an in-service photo of PRR 570862 dated Sep 1932 with archbar trucks and circle Keystone lettering. The build date appears to read 10-24.

Claus Schlund