Re: High Point Thomasville & Denton

Donald B. Valentine

     Thanks for the additional HPT&D photos, Bill. They sure hit the spot. Given that mine were taken in Sept. 1972 and seem to post date the latest photo by ten years I need to find it in the large box of photos and neg. I am sorting and post it as well. In my
photo the cars were painted and aluminum color and IIRC clearly stenciled "For Furniture Loading", which in the part of No. Car.
should not surprise anyone. Given that the younger generations don't like "case goods" (good quality hardwood furniture) and
seem to prefer IKEA I wonder how many of the better furniture manufacturers in that area survive as many further north no longer do.

Thanks again Bill,  Don Valentine