Re: Sunshine GATX Type 17 Tank Cars - better instructions for building them

Tom Madden

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 04:39 AM, O Fenton Wells wrote:
Thanks Todd, I have a couple in inventory and appreciate your help.  I built the Warren kit years ago and sorta stumbled through it.
Fenton

?????  The Type 17 was a GATC radial riveted tank. Sunshine's #99.x kit came with a cast tank body and wasn't offered with Warren decals. Are you thinking of Sunshine's earlier #36.x ACF insulated tank kit where you made the tank by forming a cast wrapper around a length of PVC pipe? That did come with Warren decals. Difficult kit. Both #99 and #36 kits were offered with Cities Service decals.

Tom Madden