From: Denny Anspach <danspachmd@...>
To: main <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Mar 29, 2019 1:56 pm
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Throwback Thursday: Ambroid Western Union Material Car

I love this Ambroid car (one of my layout as we speak), but have always wondered about the passenger diaphragm on one end.  Were these cars designed/equipped for occasional operation on passenger trains, or was the diaphragm there to provide protected entrance and egress if the car was coupled  -parked or underway-  to a related bunk/dormitory/WU official car?

Denny

Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento, CA 95864