Re: Gondola Load

Andy Carlson

My first thought was of a bean separator, such as used for Lima Beans. Not at all uncommon in California. Not many photos, as these were buried inside structures. I have such a bean separator I made dozens of years ago for a San Luis Obispo building.

Of course, the device is what it is, and our consensus doesn't necessary prove anything.
-Andy Carlson

On Monday, April 1, 2019, 5:56:50 AM PDT, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Bruce,

Thanks for the more high res view, but it doesn’t really appear to change anything from our January discussion. It appears to either be a penstock, or some similar water piping or part of some sort of ventilation system. Looking at the boxy parts on the end, they have some irregularities that make me think that they might be temporary protection for something as opposed to a permanent part of whatever this is.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

On Mar 31, 2019, at 8:50 PM, Bruce Griffin <bdg1210@...> wrote:

Group,

John King offered a much higher resolution scan for consideration. The load and gon are much clearer than in the scan I shared at first. The load is headed west from Baltimore in 1952 about 14 miles west of Baltimore. Any additional thoughts on origin or contents?

Best Regards,
Bruce D. Griffin
Ashland, MD

<King Sentinel Photos OML2.jpg>