Re: Gondola Load aka WP car aka WP 20551-series aka WP painting standards....

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Fred,

The 1937 and 1945 boxcars were built by Mt. Vernon. The 1947 cars were Pullman-Standard.

So as I have said before, the WP was anything but consistent. The builders' photo might have been a one-off, a mistake, or maybe a test for eliminating the black ends. There are so many mysteries about this road.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 4/2/19 5:06 PM, Fred Jansz wrote:
Garth,
Illinois RR Museum, Pullman Library could have a WP PS-1 picture.
1951 is just out of my 1950-modeling/collecting scope, but you could ask them.
The 1937, 1945 and 1947 batches were all built by Mount Vernon, or am I missing something?
Weird thing is that the 1936-built WP 19001-19050 double door car has black ends according to the stencilling instructions, but clearly has red ends & roof on the Sacramento builders photo.
cheers, Fred Jansz