Re: reporting marks for the 40ft single sheathed auto box car

Tim O'Connor

You're probably right about the Walthers end doors, but some hinges did stick out a bit.

Tim O'

On 4/2/2019 8:04 PM, Benjamin Hom wrote:
Ralph Brown asked:
"Do you happen to know the Walthers item number for that car?  The replacement end with end doors has piqued my interest."

Steve Hile replied:
"try this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WALTHERS-932-5853-NORTHERN-PACIFIC-50-BOXCAR-4912-KIT-HO-SCALE/382862829884?hash=item592467293c:g:I74AAOSwqoxb9bDb

Secondary market is your best bet - as far as I know, Walthers hasn't reissued this model yet.  The end door is one of the worst features of this kit - it lacks the heavy frame normally seen on these prototypes and features some unprototypical large protruding hinges.

Ben Hom

Sterling, Massachusetts