Re: Old square bottle Floquil paints.

Roger Huber <trainpainter@...>

Danny,

I have used Scalecoat thinner for years with no issues. The unknown bottle might be gloss as I believe the FQ retarder was clear.

Roger Huber
Deer Creek Locomotive Works

On Saturday, April 13, 2019, 11:51:40 PM CDT, Denny Anspach <danspachmd@...> wrote:

I have quite a few of the older square bottle Floquil paints that are still both useful and relatively easy to use.  I am running out of Diosol solvent and looking for a substitute  peer-grade air brush solvent.  In California we cannot purchase automobile grade high quality lacquer thinner that would probably serve, having to make do with hardware store clean up grades (or a trip to Reno).  Do listers have recommendations for a good substitute?

Also, I have an unopened Floquil bottle (label gone) the contents of which seems to be that akin in color and thickness of a dark rum.  I suspect this is Retarder, but do not know.  Any ideas?

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento CA