Re: Old square bottle Floquil paints.

Al Gest

As I remember “retarder” was clear and smelled like xylene; however, “glaze” was brown or rum colored.

Al

On Apr 14, 2019, at 6:51 AM, Denny Anspach <danspachmd@...> wrote:

I have quite a few of the older square bottle Floquil paints that are still both useful and relatively easy to use. I am running out of Diosol solvent and looking for a substitute peer-grade air brush solvent. In California we cannot purchase automobile grade high quality lacquer thinner that would probably serve, having to make do with hardware store clean up grades (or a trip to Reno). Do listers have recommendations for a good substitute?

Also, I have an unopened Floquil bottle (label gone) the contents of which seems to be that akin in color and thickness of a dark rum. I suspect this is Retarder, but do not know. Any ideas?

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento CA