Re: Old square bottle Floquil paints.

Jerry Michels

Glaze was amber
Hi-Gloss and Crystal (Krystal?)-Coat were both clear as water.  I never saw a big difference between the two.

Any of you guys remember the red booklet Floquil had regarding their paints?  I remember reading it in the 1970s, and it just being a fun read with the about pigment particle size, how to paint, top coats, etc.  Ah, good memories.

I have used straight lacquer thinner for over 30 years for thinning and cleaning and have never had a problem.  Even Floquil thinned with lacquer thinner and stored lasts quite nicely.

Jerry Michels