Re: Old square bottle Floquil paints.

Many years ago I questioned a Floquil representative about why colors purchased years apart looked so different.  He told me they didn’t have standards  (drift cards), but simply compared the new batch to the previous batch.  I started my career matching cosmetic colors for a pigment manufacturer.  I can tell you it’s a really bad idea. – Al Westerfield

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Jerry Michels
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2019 11:12 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Old square bottle Floquil paints.

  Uh, maybe yours was (or is), but mine is a faint yellow color, nearly clear. Still works fine and must be over 30 years old.

Tony,

The choice of words might not have been accurate.  I'd agree that light yellow was the original color, but I have some old Glaze that looks like a good Canadian Whisky.

Jerry Michels