From: Jack Burgess
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 6:50 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Scratchbuilding a car in styrene

Car siding is T&G with a V-grove. Floor material is also typically T&G without the reveal…the advantage of T&G is that the boards will stay flat (for floors) or even with box cars.

You can still buy 3 ¼” V-groove T&G from a lumber yard (that is the same size boards typically use for freight cars). I bought some a few months ago and used it to fill in what had originally been lattice work. The hardware was (with permission) removed from a Yosemite Valley Railroad stock car.

Jack Burgess