The cars may (probably?) have had the chain tubes like other SP A-50 class box cars, but other
than that I expect the underframes were of conventional AAR design.

Tim O'

On 4/18/2019 11:05 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE wrote:
I have posted a question several times looking for help on the underframe layout for Southern Pacific A-50-16 40' auto car.
This is one of the very few times that I have not received a reply.

I may get lucky if I expanded my search a bit.  This car was built in 1947 by Pressed Steel Car Co.  Possibly someone knows about a similar car built by Pressed Steel Co. at the same time that would probably have shared the same underframe.

Thanks in advance for any leads:

Bill Pardie

-------- Original message --------
From: Dennis Storzek <destorzek@...>
Date: 4/4/19 1:29 PM (GMT-10:00)
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] boxcar flour loading topic

The paper is either lining paper folded around the door post and tacked as the recent flour load photos show or paper tacked over the door opening to make a dust tight seal. Either way the ends of the roll paper stuck out past the door when it was closed. I should think narrow strips of thin paper like cigarette paper attached with matte medium should model it well.
Dennis Storzek

Sterling, Massachusetts