Re: is there a prototype for the paint scheme on the Carnation reefer?

Tim O'Connor

I don't think they are dark. The photo is dark. The cars probably are orange or orange-yellow.

On 4/19/2019 12:53 AM, Douglas Harding wrote:

I have not been able to open the links Clause has shared. But here is a photo containing some Carnation Milk reefers. It is of the Pacific Coast Condensed Milk Co plant of Oregon ILL., with a string of dark colored reefers lettered Carnation. They don’t match the Athearn scheme, but are Carnation reefers.

http://www.burlingtonroute.com/BRHS/library/photo_collections/viewer.php?library=Historical&folder=Network-Industries&image=1

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Sterling, Massachusetts