Re: is there a prototype for the paint scheme on the Nestle reefer?

Marty McGuirk

I'll go ahead and tack this question on to this thread.

I know in "later" years (post 1950 or so) some NADX cars were painted blue and white and stenciled for Nestle.

Can anyone provide photo evidence of earlier steam era freight cars (1920-1930) painted for Nestle service?

There was a Nestle Condensed Milk Plant along the Central Vermont during that time - I've seen some photos of cars spotted at the plant, but never a "Nestle" car.

Just curious, with all this Carnation talk I figured I go ahead and ask.

Marty McGuirk

Gainesville, VA

On April 19, 2019 at 11:27 AM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

I don't think they are dark. The photo is dark. The cars probably are orange or orange-yellow.

On 4/19/2019 12:53 AM, Douglas Harding wrote:

I have not been able to open the links Clause has shared. But here is a photo containing some Carnation Milk reefers. It is of the Pacific Coast Condensed Milk Co plant of Oregon ILL., with a string of dark colored reefers lettered Carnation. They don’t match the Athearn scheme, but are Carnation reefers.

http://www.burlingtonroute.com/BRHS/library/photo_collections/viewer.php?library=Historical&folder=Network-Industries&image=1

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Sterling, Massachusetts