Re: is there a prototype for the paint scheme on the Carnation reefer?

Douglas Harding

Actually Claus, your photo showing Carnation cars is taken at a different plant in a different state. Your photo is labeled as Berlin Wisconsin, the photo I linked is Oregon Illinois. Pacific Coast Condensed Milk had numerous plants around the country. It was actually started in the state of Washington in 1899 by EA Stuart. The name was changed to Carnation at a later time, but I suspect the lettering painted on buildings stayed for some time.

Here are a couple of links with information about the company.

https://www.milkproductsinc.com/aboutMilkProducts/companyHistory

https://carnationfarms.org/our-story/

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org