From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of radiodial868
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2019 2:04 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] NP Galvanized Roofs

Was wrapping up a couple more F&C 8' & 8'-9" IH 1916/1918 40' Truss DS boxcars, and for some reason I read the F&C finishing instructions. Lo & behold it says to finish both these with unpainted galvanized roofs.  Shoot, I can do that and it would provide variety for my 1939 era consists instead of every roof BCR or ATSF black.  But, is this true? Were these unique NP radial roofs not painted, or did they lose their paint later in their life and someone assumed they were never painted when possibly photographed in the the 1950's?
Thx,
RJ Dial
Burlingame, CA