Re: Details On The Road

Tim O'Connor

Nice idea! What brand of .008 brass wire did you use? I didn't even know it was
possible to do that. Those look great! I can think of a number of uses for flattened
brass wire of that size. :-)

Tim O'Connor

On 4/25/2019 7:03 PM, Michael Gross wrote:
Seems I get more modeling done in hotel rooms than at home.  One of the easiest projects on the road is adding small details, with a few parts and minimal tools.  The new door handles on this BLI NYC boxcar are a perfect example, with the molded handles replaced with flattened .008 brass rod.  It's a trifle "fiddley" as the flattened brass is quite delicate, but it makes for a lovely detail.  I did not use phosphor bronze as the harder wire was more resistant to being "squashed."
Michael Gross
Pasadena, CA

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts