Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Painting a real wood reefer kit.
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 11:30 PM

Scribbed wood is best
first sealed with some kind of "sanding
sealer".... I used shellac in the past.  Shoelace is
alcohol based.  Then lightly sand or steel wool to smooth,
then paint.  If sealed even acrylic will likely work.  You
want to be careful not to fill in the scribbed lines with
paint. Start with a light grey primer, then the yellow or
orange as needed for the car...  Yellow in particular does
not cover well, hence the need for the grey primer.
If per chance this is a Tiffany car, (DSP&P
or C&S) don't fall into the trap of a white car,
they are more likely a light green or yellow...  The white
4 wheel cabooses were not white either...
Randy Hees