Re: Painting a real wood reefer kit.

Tim O'Connor

Bill

I doubt that Andy would criticize those deep grooves - it's not in his nature to pick on such
models. :-) Most of us can appreciate older models with various deficiencies just as we can
appreciate newer efforts to reach museum quality perfection. And a well built model is
almost always appreciated!

Tim O'

On 4/27/2019 12:51 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE wrote:

Above are two wood cars that I did many years ago (before the days of resin).  In the lower photo the wood car  I recall I used scalecoat on these cars without any sanding sealer except for the roofs.  I’m ssure that Andy Carlson would be critical of the deep groves, however, I feel that these cars still stand tall next to cars that have been completed in different media in rfecent times.

Bill Pardie

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts