Re: this nice shot of the GM&O freight house

Tim O'Connor

They are very common on the prototype, because they're cheaper to build. But they don't
work for models unless we model in P:48, or P:87, P: whatever

On 4/29/2019 8:46 PM, David Wiggs wrote:

One thing I did notice, is that on the far side of the freight house, the switches have self guarding frogs; no guard rails on them; at least on those closest to the station.  The one on the near side appears to have them.  I've seen the same thing in photos of the old ACL yard in South Rocky Mount, NC.  I wonder how prevalent this phenomenom is?

Davo in Orlando

Sterling, Massachusetts