Al Westerfield wrote:
"All of the DS cars shown had K rather than AB brakes. The TH&B car had an Ajax brake wheel. Although it’s not really clear, it appears that the brace on the door isn’t centered. And UP never had the cars. With dozens of roadmanes and lettering styles, why choose that?"
The disappointment grows the more you look at these models...
Other issues with the DS boxcar:
- There is no inset at the sidesill.
- The sheathing retaining strap along the sidesill is missing.
- The lower door track represents some roads' cars later in life; however, as built, the cars had six distinct rollers along the side sill.
- The door stops are missing.
- That hand brake is a throwback to the Train-Miniature "TV antennas". It's more S scale than HO.
Vote with your wallets...don't reserve these models, don't by them, and support manufacturers that do better.