Re: New Walthers USRA based cars

Donald B. Valentine

I'm sure some will disagree vehemently but I will take the Ertl cars over this junk any day of the week. Hopefully what Walthers is depicting are only pre-production samples. If not, as stated, the Ertl cars are quite satisfactory and can be improved with little effort. They can often be found on eBay at very attractive prices if one is patient. I particularly like the very tin but operable door
on then which also allows one to paper the door like the prototypes were often found to keep specific cargoes clean.

Cordially, Don Valentine