Re: New Walthers USRA based cars

Eric Hansmann

Tony,

While the single-sheathed car is not labeled as a USRA car, the web address for the model insinuates it’s a USRA car.

https://www.walthers.com/40-usra-composite-boxcar-ready-to-run-undecorated

And this is in the product description.

Based on later rebuilds and upgrades of standard 40' boxcars designed by the United States Railroad Administration (USRA) introduced during WWI, these cars would remain in general freight service into the 1960s, with many rebuilt for work train service lasting into the 1980s.

Which is the same wording used in the product description for the rebuilt USRA car models.

Based on later rebuilds and upgrades of standard 40' boxcars designed by the United States Railroad Administration (USRA) introduced during WWI, these cars would remain in general freight service into the 1960s, with many rebuilt for work train service lasting into the 1980s.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN