Re: Phillips Petroleum LNG and PPG gas tank cars.

BillM

Curious question, Wade Phillips any relation to the NFL coach?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Thomas Birkett
Sent: Friday, May 3, 2019 6:24 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Phillips Petroleum LNG and PPG gas tank cars.

All: I managed the PPCo tank car fleet after the end of this group, but do know some of the history. The first refinery was at Borger, TX the same you Phillips started selling gasoline at retail stations 1927. The first station was in Wichita, KS but the gasoline came from Hamilton Plant, between Bartlesville and Dewey, OK. It was "natural gasoline" separated from raw natural gas, not crude oil. The acquisition of Independent Refining from Waite Phillips, one of the other brothers of Frank and LE Phillips brought refineries in Okmukgee, OK and Kansas City, KS into the fold. Sweeny, TX, and Woods Cross, It came later.

I may be able to answer further questions off line if any one has anything further. Tom Birkett, Bartlesville, OK.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone