B&O C-16 Question

Nelson Moyer

I’m building the Sunshine C-16, and I’d like to learn about the box in the upper center of the A end shown in the attached photo. It appears that it’s got an electrical conduit through the end, so it may be either a power receptacle or marker light attachment. The kit instructions make no mention of this fixture, and there is no part resembling the fixture in the kit. Were these fixtures on both ends of the car? I don’t have any other C-16 photos showing the ends. What was the purpose of this fixture?

Nelson Moyer