Re: Roof Name help

Lester Breuer

Bill Welch wrote, “Lester, it looks like a kit roof. Maybe if you tell us which kit, the someone may know which roof it should be. What I see  looks like a F&C casting intended to be a Hutchins roof.”

Bill it is a F&C kit #6652 roof for  CV/GTW double door box car which is per several sources is to be a Hutchins Dry Lading roof which this is definitely not.  Therefore, I know I have to replace this roof with a correct one; however, wondering what is the closest prototype roof if any this kit roof resembles.

Lester Breuer