There were not a lot of 50 foot boxcars around in 1929

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

There were not a lot of 50 foot boxcars around in 1929, but there were some.

Here is a nice view of three different ones, all gathered together at the extreme right side of the image, taken in 1929.

Too bad the negative has some damage, and the film resolution is not quite where we can make out the road numbers. I think the rightmost one (partial view only) is Union Pacific, the next one moving left might be CB&Q, but I cannot quite make out the other with the fishbelly underframe, maybe it is Illiniois Central? Thoughts?

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund