SOUTHERN PACIFIC B-50-25 - ACCURATE MODEL

WILLIAM PARDIE

A while back Speedwitch offered a kit for the Southern Pacific B-50-25 12 panel boxcar. Comments at the time as well as in the Speedwitch instructions
indicated that the car was not totally accurate as the car body in the kit was an Intermountain 12 panel boxcar based on a Great Nofrthern prototype.

Years earlier Richard Hendrickson did an article in (I believe) Rail Model Journal on cutting down a taller CB&T 12 panel boxcar in order to do thie B-50-25.
When I look at p;rototype photos the discrepancy seem to be in the panel seems. Would cutting down a CB&T car and combining it with the Speedwitch parts
result in a more accurate model?

Thanks in advance for any help:

Bill Pardie