I am modeling October 1946- April 1947.  I think the XM-33 would work for my time period. They also had marker light brackets on them to...didn't they?

I'll shoot you some photos of the PRR X29s I did up for REA service.  I built 12 and have 2 more to finish....Yeah I'm nuts!  But the PRR ran REA trains with blocks of X29s....sometimes numbering 10-15 in one train! Needless to say...very interesting seeing passenger power pulling a pseudo freight train!

Matthew Hurst

On Tue, May 7, 2019, 9:26 PM Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

Depending on the year(s) you model, the Walthers P2K 12 panel 50 foot boxcar is a dead ringer for CB&Q XM-33 express boxcars. I bought four lettered for SP, stripped and repainted them Pullman green, decaled them with gold lettering, replaced the flimsy plastic sill steps with YMW etched sill steps, and installed Athearn Allied trucks to make four XM-33 express boxcars.

As for the X29s, I have pre-ordered six Red Caboose undecorated kits, some of which will be painted and lettered for freight service and some for express service. I know about the NYC, PRR, and C&O cars in Q trains, but I didn’t know about SAL.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Matthew Hurst
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2019 7:04 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io; main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] B&O C-16 Question

You are welcome Nelson.  Anything I can do to help anyone grow there rolling stock fleet!

Of course you will NEED some PRR X29s in REA service, in your consists as well. I know I need a CB&Q car in at least one of my REA/express trains on the PRR.

Also, I have also seen Seaboard REA cars show up in CB&Q trains as well.

Who says these cars didn't get around?!?!?!?!