Re: There were not a lot of 50 foot boxcars around in 1929

mopacfirst

I did just now go check on my Sunshine kit.  It's 73.8, and it has several ends of different styles so you can mix and match like Santa Fe did.  The sides are actually very nice, and the rivets are not giganto like the sales brochure made them look.  Frankly, that could have been a test car with sides from something Athearn.  The sides, incidentally, have the doors cast in place.  There's a little klugy surface at the left edge where something may have happened to the master, but the grabs should cover that.  The underframe casting is technically superb, with those four fishbelly frame members.

I'm definitely going to build this one, although frankly it could still be a couple years out.

Ron Merrick