Gesendet: Freitag, 10. Mai 2019 um 00:24 Uhr
Von: "Michael Gross" <ActorMichaelGross@...>
An: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Betreff: [RealSTMFC] Tangent Tank Car Additions
Because I keep breaking things, I end up doing more detailing on a ready-to-run car than I otherwise might, and the Tangent 3-dome tank is a perfect example.

It's a beautiful model right out of the box but, no sooner had I begun the weathering process than I broke one of the fragile corner sill steps.  Santa Fe modeler friend Peter Aue offered to make a new set of etched brass replacements and, after breaking two more of the sill steps, they came in handy.  (These are now available as Yarmouth Model Words part YMW-220). One improved detail often leads to another, and I soon found myself carving away major parts of the brake detail and replacing it with brass wire, clevises (Tichy #8021) and brake chain (A-Line #29219).  Original hoses were replace with Hi-Tech details 22" hoses, with new brackets fashioned from brass strap stock.

Still need to paint the new parts, install semi-scale wheel sets, apply warning placards, and reattach part of the valve I knocked off on the far left dome.  Weathering to follow.

What began as a simple weathering job became—owing to my clumsiness—so much more.

Cheers!

Michael Gross
On the road - Lake Tahoe, NV