Re: PRR 2D-F8 Trucks

Tim O'Connor

Kadee has been converting their trucks to the HGC plastic. I think their priority has been
to first convert the trucks for their RTR freight cars. Give Sam a ring and find it if they will be
bringing out the 2D-F8 trucks in HGC.

Meanwhile a tiny sliver of black styrene glued to the back side of the metal trucks will get
rid of the "see through" appearance of the metal trucks.

My gripe with the metal trucks is how poorly they roll. I replace the wheels with Reboxx wheelsets
and they roll just fine. The HGC trucks roll very well.

Tim O'Connor

On 5/10/2019 12:46 AM, Robert J. Amsler, Jr. wrote:

I am looking for some 2D-F8 Pennsy trucks.  I don’t like the Kadee trucks because I don’t think the sprung trucks look prototypical.  I have looked for Bowser and Red Caboose trucks but can’t find any.  Does anyone have any suggestions for trucks that would look close?

Thanks in advance.

Robert J. Amsler, Jr.

Sterling, Massachusetts