Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] BLI Tank Cars - Other prototypes?

Randy Hammill

While the paint schemes are accurate for the most part (I haven’t been able to verify UTLX), they have started to use some road numbers I couldn’t verify. I only have a few photos and some as-built information, though. I can tell you for ones I’ve confirmed as-built aren’t always in the ‘47 or later ORER, but this doesn’t surprise me since it seems tank cars changed lessees fairly frequently.

Your best bet is to use the Hendrickson article for the Trix cars, combined with the ORER for your era to narrow down a few to get. You can send me a direct message on specific cars you’re looking for and I can see if I can help.

Randy
--
Randy Hammill
Modeling the New Haven Railroad 1946-1954

--

Randy Hammill
Modeling the New Haven Railroad 1946-1954  | https//:blog.newbritainstation.com