Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Unloading Airplane Engines
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 5:19 AM

On 5/20/2019 4:01 PM, John Barry
wrote:
> Ding, ding , ding Spend is a
winner!  The photo location is inside AF plant 4 located
adjacent to Fort Worth Army Airfield, later Carswell AFB,
and now Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth. The government owned,
contractor operated plant was constructed by the Defence
Plant Corporation in 1941 and operated by Consolidated
Aircraft and it's successors. The main production
building is over a mile long. I didn't get to see it ful
of B-24s, but I did see it in the 80's with the F-16. A
very impressive sight And although the Brewster Buckaneer
cowl is similar, their plants were in NY and PA.

Thank
you, John, but there at least three who posted B-24 before
me.

Spen Kellogg