Removing car numbers on Walthers cars.

Scott

Hello,

Anybody have any tips or tricks to remove only the road numbers on a Walthers Boxcar.  I will give Walthers credit that paint is tough as nails.

I have tried the following:

Micro-sol trick which the paint laughed at and didnt budge.

Isopropyl Alcohol which kind of worked.  Have to press really hard to get it to budge and really easy to go through color paint.  The numbers came off eventually but you could still see them raised in the paint.

Scale coat thinner which took off the color and number.

Has anybody used Scalecoat wash away to remove just letters?  Little nervous to try soda blasting.  I really dont want to repaint the entire car just to change the road number.

Scott McDonald