Re: Removing car numbers on Walthers cars.

Chuck Cover

I have been using Solvaset and a toothpick for as long as I can remember.  Put a puddle of Solvaset onto the lettering that you want removed, let it sit for a few minutes and then start scratching it off with the toothpick.  The toothpick will not damage the finish but as the Solvaset begins to soften the lettering it begins to come off.  I repeat this procedure a couple of times until the lettering is gone.  I reletter/renumber over the spot and weather.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM