Re: Super Clean Degreaser to remove lettering

Nelson Moyer

Super Clean is a mild alkali with less than 5% by volume sodium hydroxide. It’s has a low vapor pressure so it’s not highly volatile like organic solvents, e.g. acetone, lacquer thinner, etc., and respiratory protection isn’t required. It’s safe to use in an enclosed environment. Skin/eye protection is important. I wear nitrile gloves and my glasses, and that’s sufficient.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Garth Groff
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2019 3:39 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Super Clean Degreaser to remove lettering

Friends,

A safety data sheet  on Super Clean Degreaser can be found at https://www.superclean.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/2016-SuperClean-Degreaser-SDS-v2.0.pdf . The product is corrosive to metals, and thus also to skin. Gloves and face/eye protection are recommended. I would use this stuff on the patio to allow quick vapor dispersal. (I do this with acetone/lacquer/nail polish remover which I use in making arrows).

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff