Re: Super Clean Degreaser to remove lettering

Dennis Storzek

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 08:35 PM, A&Y Dave in MD wrote:
So Super Clean degreaser works on Accurail and Kadee lettering!
A word of warning. One of the reasons that Accurail makes no recommendation for a product to selectively remove lettering is over the past thirty years we have used paint from at least a dozen different suppliers. What works on one may not work so well on another, and neither we nor you have any way of telling which paint is under the lettering. I will assume that every other manufacturer has been forced to change paint suppliers for one reason or another. The key here is TEST. Find a hidden spot under or inside the model where you can test the solvent on the paint alone before committing to a highly noticeable spot on the model. Just because a certain solvent worked on one model of a particular brand does not mean it will be safe on all.

Dennis Storzek
Accurail, Inc.